Monday, January 28, 2013

A little taste of Paris

It's the third week of Restaurant week and my Partner and I decided to go for the first time to JoJo. Open in 1991, this is the first Jean-George Vongerichten restaurant in NYC. If you are hoping for a taste of Paris this cozy, quiet boutique restaurant located on East 64 Street does not disappoint.

I first started with the Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad with Crunchy Seeds, Sour Cream and Citrus. It was very refreshing and felt unusually warm on a cold winter night.  The Carrots where presented whole on the bottom of the dish as the only slightly warm element on this salad. The dollop of sour cream on the top was creamy, rich with clean taste and added decadency especially with the croutons.


For the main course, I chose the Slowly Cooked Cod with Maple-Celeriac Puree and Pink Peppercorn Vinaigrette. Sadly they didn't have the Cod but instead Flounder, so I can't really give an opinion in how this dish is. But what I can say is that the cold gentle sweet vinaigrette and the warm Maple-Celeriac puree were a perfect marriage for this flaky and buttery Flounder.


When you're a French restaurant there are a few signature desserts that you should have and should be done well. I chose a classic Warm Molten Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream and must say it was done to perfection. Any day, I would go all the way across town from Lincoln Center just to enjoy this  velvety delight.


My Partner Michael had the Banana Cake, Salted Caramel Ice Cream. Avery dense but moist cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment